Sunday, June 20, 2010

All the Fun of the Fair

This past week has seen the return of the annual Sydney Quilt show.
This year there were fewer quilts on display than previous years, however there were still some lovely quilts to see.
This quilt was made by my friend Paddy during some classes we took together.

it was hand pieced and machine quilted.


this quilt was based on a English medallion style, the centre being a favourite piece of fabric Paddy picked up on her travels.




Cathy from Material Obsession had a stall there, here she is sporting her beautiful scarf from Francis Ergen Designs







as usual her stand was a feast for the eyes






loads of inspiration






and supplies for the stash a plenty






another stand that was a must stop by







Here's the very talented Anni Downs owner and designer of Hatched and Patched. This wonderful pincushion was a pattern in a recent edition of Homespun in collaboration with Sue Spargo. It really was quite lovely in real life.





I have always been a fan on needle cases and pincushions so a little kit was a must purchase






Anni has also released a new book on making bags, along with a few other little notebook covers, phone cases key covers.




of course the mandatory stash builders





It was lovely to meet up with again with Janet and
Robyn for the first time.




and Christine and her friend.





I hope you enjoy this little snippet of the fair.
See you soon
Happy sewing
j












15 comments:

antique quilter said...

oh how fun I wish I could have met up with all of you too!
those booths look wonderful I see lots of inspiration and WOW what a beautiful quilt by Paddy.
thanks for the photos and sharing your day with us
Kathie

RG said...

Oooh Jean, this is such fun to look over...wasn't it great?!!
So lovely to meet you all :-)

Would you mind forwarding me copies of the pics please if that's ok?
Thanks heaps and again so nice to meet you :-)

Unknown said...

You have featured my 2 favourite shops from the show...Both Booths look Great...Lovely Pics of You with Blogging Friends.Great that you had the chance to meet up...Glad you Enjoyed your Day...Gorgeous Quilt...
cheers

Cardygirl said...

What fun...I was there yesterday...love your pics!

PatchworkRose said...

So Glad you had lots of fun. Hopefully in a couple of year I can get there too. DS has a birthday on the 17 June making a trip awkward especially as he is 18 next year! Then I can escape so have earmarked 2012
Cheers
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jean for this lovely post and again the great pictures, I too would love a copy of the picture with us if you don't mind.

cheers
Christine

Janet said...

It was great to meet up briefly and to meet Robyn for the first time. You've captured some nice snippets of the show. I got tempted by a pincushion kit too, different to any I've seen before so I justified it.

pajudie said...

What a beautiful quilt - love the colors and pattern. The show looks like it was great fun and so nice that you could meet up with friends there. LOVE the pincushion - really unique!
Judie

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for sharing some pics form the quilt show........lovely to meet up with some other bloggers......

Sue-Anne said...

I'm so pleased you had a great time and got to meet some of our fellow bloggers! I'm so jealous you got to visit Hatched & Patched! Next year I am definately going to go to Sydney.

Karen said...

I like the vase with flowers in the first picture. It looks like it is done in black and white.

Michele said...

Could you possibly email me with the name/maker of the large print you show in the background of your "stash builder" photo? I've never seen anything like it. I recognize the others pieces, but I'm wondering if the one in the rear is Aboriginal...........Thanks, Michele

Linda C said...

Lovely photos from the show. lwish l had known you were going, l would have made the meeting as well. l did meet with Janet, and she said she meet with you. Maybe next year. Thanks for sharing.

Julia said...

how great that you girls got to meet up... wish I could have been there too..hopefully next year!
great pics!
Julia ♥

Valentina said...

Dear Jean, how wonderful of you to share this wonderful experience with us!
Oh, when Robyn forwarded me your picture I had the feeling I was there with you as well. What breathtaking quilts, what a wonderful day!
Hoping we'll all meet someday,
Valentina