Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Quick Update

For those of you that love sewing paraphernalia especially pincushions, Sandy is hosting a pincushion swap. You have until the 10th May to sign up. I am sure it will be loads of fun. I have a button on my side bar that will take you to Sandy's page and you can learn all about it.
Janet has also shown her collection of pincushions so there is a wealth of inspiration there along with a tutorial or so. Take a look you won't be disappointed.


A few girls that read my blog have asked me about the curved hexagon blocks that I am sewing for my 'French Spring' quilt.
The pattern can be found inside this book.
here is an example of one sewn up.


this is what the templates look like.
I have had this book for sometime but I am sure it would be still available.
There are some really great blocks inside, if you want a further look leave me a comment and let me know.



Until next time Happy Sewing
J

3 comments:

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing the information Jean, are there many quilts in the book and are they mainly hand pieced?

lesley said...

I'm with Janet thank you for the details of the curved hexagons.
Lesley

Chookyblue...... said...

just found your blog..........it looks great I scrolled back thru a few posts........will have to try and get to that quilt shop back a few posts when next in Sydney......lovely sewing......