Friday, March 6, 2009

Bags Bags and more Bags

I think you can safely assume that I just love making bags. When I saw this wristlet pattern for sale on Katies Blog through her Etsy shop I just had to have one. It was in PDF Format so no waiting for the snail mail (hopeless when you are just itching to get started, snail mail that is).
The week that I spotted this pattern I had to go to a conference so no time for sewing before that,however I was home reasonably early on the Friday so to get the conference out of the system I got out the sewing machine and got started. I completed this the same evening and even managed to hand quilt the back panel of the wristlet.
The owner of this pattern Katie has agreed to me making some of this wristlets for a charity stall for the country hospital where we have our Humpy. These small country hospitals need all the help they can get otherwise they end up closing and it is miles to the nearest hospital, so I am going to get into the community spirit, but will acknowledge the owner of the pattern.
I think they will be a hit with the tweens of today but I will make them in different colour ways. I'll show you when they are completed.







No comments: