Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Journalling

As many of my friends know I love to blog surf , aside from all the wonderful inspiration ,one can actually learn so many amazing techniques. Blog owners are so sharing of their knowledge ,and there is a myriad of tutorials out there, such was the case with this journal cover that I made recently. I found the tutorial for this on Bloom's blog. I have to say Bloom was very helpful when I got stumped at a certain spot, considering it was a Sunday evening. I think Bloom was afraid the cover may have ended up a UFO but I persevered and it was completed that night, so I am now looking forward to making more for a couple of gifts that are needed soon. I will change them but the concept will remain the same.


A girl can never have too many journals and already my head is buzzing with different versions I can make. One for each day of the week .

5 comments:

Unknown said...

it's gorgeous!

jean said...

Thanks Vicki

Bloom said...

Jean, your cover has turned out beautifully. I LOVE the hand quilting & the bloom on the back. I'm so glad it all came together for you. I am hoping to do a roundup on my blog of some of the covers that have been created from my tutorial. Do you mind if I use your images & link to your blog? I would love to share your work. Kind regards, Ros.

Unknown said...

Saw your Journal Cover on Bloom's Blog..Love the Colours & the Bloom on the back is too cute...Lovely work..
cheers

Christine said...

I love your journal cover ... simply gorgeous.