Monday, January 7, 2013

Good Wishes for 2013

I thought it was high time I checked in to wish all my followers and readers much good health, happiness and sewing in 2013
Lucky for me I am still on holidays , I haven't really picked up a needle for the past couple of weeks so today I am indulging in a little sewing time.



I need to complete the centre on my sheet, I have been stalling for far too long. I find that if I am not happy with something I tend to put it down, it just becomes too hard to move on, anyway I took it to class just prior to Christmas and got Marg to give me a hand so this is my task today, I have a had a talk to myself , I cannot return to class without this being completed.

I have been doing a couple of other things in between , I have made this whirligig quilt that was a Brigitte Giblin pattern published in an past Quilters Companion magazine.






I had cut this quilt out many moons ago, I was going to machine piece it but after trialling one block I put it aside as I wasn't keen on that method. I needed a little hand piecing project that didn't require too much brain power so out this came again, after adding a few more current fabrics to it I became hooked. I just need to add the final border with is scrappy diamonds alternated with a white one. I am happy with the way it has turned out, nice and fresh looking.
I must go and get on with my ' today ' task so I will have something to show you very soon.

I hope you are enjoying or have enjoyed your holiday.

Until next time
Happy Sewing

j

21 comments:

PatchworkRose said...

Hi Jean
I was just thinking of you today and you posted. Glad that you are enjoying life :-) About to start my holiday tomorrow.
Cheers
Lynne

Miriam said...

Happy New Year Jean!!!

Love the fabrics you used in the whirligig quilt.

The sheet is coming along well.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays and I hope you continue to find plenty of stitching time in 2013.


Sue-Anne said...

Happy new year Jean! Your "sheet" is looking great, I love the basket fabric. Your whirligig quilt looks fantastic too and I imagine would have been a lot of fun to do, like hexagon flowers. Looking forward to seeing more soon.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Lovely to see you again Jean, Happy New Year to you too. Gorgeous projects, I always drool over anything you create! xo

cathie said...

Great to have you back Happy New Year. Your work is lovely as ever - colours are just great. Cathie

anne said...

Wow love the whirligig quilt, did you use paper piecing ?
Also, could you share the magazine number please. Enjoy 2013 and look forward to seeing more progress on the sheet:)

Cardygirl said...

Love your stitching...hope you are having a great holiday!

Every Stitch said...

Beautiful work - love the whirligig quilt. Looks like some of that could be done by paper piecing too maybe...
Just thinking of possibilities. The applique is gorgeous too!
Every Stitch

Addicted to hexagons said...

Hi Jean,I am so happy you have posted today. I missed seeing your brilliant work which always inspires me to sew. Your use of colour always delights. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and that you have plenty of time to blog in 2013.

Jenny

Ann Marie said...

I really like your whirligig. If you can do that, I'm sure you can handle your other task!

betty prins said...

Love the Brigit Gilpin quilt, i just bought her book and cute out some fabrics to make the big hexies tablecloth.
Happy new year!

The Civil War Quilter said...

Your "sheet" is gorgeous! What is a sheet?! Is that what I would call a quilt top? I love, LOVE your fabric choices, so carefree and playful. I look forward to seeing more of your quilts!

Anonymous said...

lovely to see a post jean !
keep them coming please, always interesting !

Brigitte Giblin said...

Your whirligig quilt is looking fabulous Jean! Well done, Brigitte

Janet said...

You have such fabulously delicious projects on the go Jean. I love the whirlygig quilt.

Michelle said...

Love the whirly gig quilt

Karoline said...

Both quilts are looking gorgeous, happy new year

Susie said...

This is an absolutely beautiful quilt.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love when you post! Your work is beautiful, and I love your projects.

Sue said...

Your quilts are beautiful, and it makes me want to start handpiecing again. Thanks for sharing them.

Alastair Alex said...

Great post your given information does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely.
Apple® - MacBook® Air - 13.3" Display - 4GB Memory - 256GB Flash Storage