Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Wishes

It won't be too long before the man in the big red suit comes down the chimney. Hard to believe Christmas Day 2009 is only hours away.

Folk on the other side of the world are experiencing record snow falls and below zero temperatures we here in the southern hemisphere are set to enjoy summer, warm sunny days and balmy nights.

Mr L & R and I have come to our holiday home on the coast and we are waiting to be joined by family to share our Christmas day. This place is cosy to say the least so no big Christmas Tree here, however lots of little vignettes, gone are the days of clutter, simplicity rules supreme.

You might recognise these trees from my previous story , they just had to come home with me.






Life was extremely frenetic prior to Christmas breakup from work, I really don't have a lot to show sewing wise. This is a peek at some of our Christmas decorations , as I said, very simple.









I found these tags at EST in Melbourne, couldn't resist









I am lover of all things Blackbird Designs and I was lucky enough to have my name picked in a comment leaving draw that was offered on their blog.

I received their latest cross stitch book, wonderful projects await me, but unfortunately not in time for this Christmas.




I felt I should at least reveal that I did manage to make all the coathangers that I set out to achieve.








They were gifts , and I think they were well received. Nothing nicer than have a lovely hanger to hang that special shirt or jacket.










I would like to say a huge thank you to all the bloggers that have made my first year blogging a memorable one.

I have met some amazing people, been inspired, but above all the caring and sharing has been gratifying

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas


Until next time


Much health and Happiness


j








7 comments:

Jean :) (in WI USA) said...

Hi Jean... I just love you blog.. Keep up the great work... Merry Christmas to you and your family... :)

Nedra said...

It's been a wonderful year being blogging friends across the world. I hope you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas!

Meredith said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, great fabric choices for the hangers-very very pretty

Daniëlle said...

From a snowy Holland: have a very merry Christmas with the ones you love!! And for 2010: los of love, happiness and a very good health! A big hug for someone special!! XXXD

wishes, true and kind said...

That is such a sweet fairy, and I love those tags! A lovely Christmas sample to be enjoyed during future Christmas's, and your hangers are such special gifts! Merry Christmas!

Miriam said...

Merry Christmas Jean. Thank you for an amazingly inspirational blog!
Have a very restful Christmas with your family. Enjoy your holiday!!
I love the angel and those tags!
Congratulations on the win. the book looks great!

Marg Low said...

Hi Jean,
It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. The coathangers look fabulous - I'm very impressed you finished so many. Are you going to make anymore.....